12.17.2010

This Old House: O Thrifted Christmas Tree
























"O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree
Forever true your colour.
Your boughs so green in summertime
Stay bravely green in wintertime.
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree
Forever true your colour."




















 Since I just moved to Portland this fall and I left my Christmas decoration tote in my parents' shed, I decided to go another route. A thrifted Christmas tree! I was amazed by how many handmade and vintage ornaments made it to the thrift store shelves this year. I even found a never-opened vintage set of white twinkle lights that still work. I purchased a little potted fir tree, then went to town decorating it with my thrifted collection of birds, balls, crocheted snowflakes, pinecones with ribbon, and lights. I found three gift boxes made out of vintage wrapping paper as well, I think I am going to try to whip out my origami skills and figure out how to make some of these. Such a cute gift wrapping option! I think it turned out quite lovely and adds a touch of holiday spirit to this old house.
-Twill

No comments:

Post a Comment