7.28.2011

Recipe + Vintage Bowl : Mango Salsa


I live for fresh fruit and veggies (clearly that means I am living in the wrong state). I love going to the farmers market and smelling the ripe tomatoes or picking fresh herbs from the garden. There is nothing that tastes better to me than perfectly ripe produce. So in celebration of summer and the abundance of goodness available, I decided to make salsas. The first one I will put up is a mango salsa. Although I really like supporting local produce, mango is one of those treats that I have to indulge in. Hope you enjoy!


Ingredients:
3 Ripe juicy mangos
2 small really juicy limes
1/2 cup of  cilantro chopped
1/2 a cucumber mostly peeled
1 fresh jalapeno (or 2)
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt to taste


This is so simple, dice the mangos, cucumber and jalapenos. Chop the cilantro and mix all together, then add the lime juice and olive oil, and salt to taste. I would usually let it sit overnight to mix all the flavors together. Eat with as a topping on a salad, on top of grilled salmon, with lime and chili tortilla chips, or just grab a fork!


Happy Fresh Veg Season!

Alea

No comments:

Post a Comment