1.16.2011

The Happenings: Rainy Day in Old Town

So it is official. Alex and I are moving back to Minneapolis in two weeks! It has been an adventure living in Portland and we love this city so much, but economically and logically speaking it wasn't making sense to stay too much longer. It is a place where I could live with my wheels just spinning, not moving forward, just barely getting by for years, without making much of myself. However, at this point in my life that isn't what I am after. I wish I would have discovered it before or right after college, but I have to admit to wanting to be a grown up and make something of myself, not just getting by doing what is comfortable forever. I will be happy to be returning to family and my lovely Ladybird soon and planning our business in person rather than over the phone. If I am somewhat absent the next two weeks, this is why, as we have so much to pack up and organize in so little time. This weekend, we decided we should explore a part of the city that we haven't really been to yet. We went to a place called the Davis Street Tavern in Old Town, thanks to a gift certificate my bosses gave me for Christmas. It was so cute, with tons of exposed brick, cozy corner booths, and the food was delicious. It was pouring rain, so my thrifted vintage rain booties and hooded trench coat were put to good use. Also, I am loving my navy floral Anthropologie tights, a lovely gift from Ladybird.






2 comments:

  1. great beige gab blend hooded up raincoat now the rainboots
    your are classy

    ReplyDelete
  2. great beige gab blend hooded up raincoat now the rainboots
    your are classy

    ReplyDelete