1.02.2011

Hand Me Downs: Doiles and Embroidered Lovelies

I just had to share one of my absolute favorite gifts of all time, from my mommy: a pile of vintage doiles and embroidered pieces that my great grandmothers had made. I wish I would have taken a photo of the package before I opened it, as she had wrapped them so nicely in one of the tea towels, with an embroidered pink H (her maiden name was Holmes) on top and a sprig of rosemary tucked in the string. The details on these pieces are incredible and are really inspiring me to get out my hoops and get to work. I was given a great book from my mom last Christmas called Embroidered Effects by Jenny Hart, that has so many great ideas and patterns to follow. There is even one that takes a photograph and uses it to embroider someone dear's face (I know what everyone is getting for their holiday gifts next year, shhh.) When I finally finish a piece I will share, as it is on my list of things to do this year.
-Twill



No comments:

Post a Comment